By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes of cooking +15 minutes cool down, 12 serving, gluten-free, vegan.
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a bowl or a standing mixer, mix all the ingredients except for the 3 type of flours and the dark chocolate.
- Mix for 1 minute, then start adding the flours and mix for 1 extra minute.
- Scoop the dough from the bowl, but first lay some extra flour on the counter.
- Grease a glass pan that is about 12×7 inches and flatten the dough with your hands into the pan. The dough should be about ½ inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and slice 12 biscotti with a knife directly in the pan while the cookies are still soft. Don’t try to remove them from the bowl. Leave them there until it is cooled down. You can place the bowl into the fridge for best results.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate along with 1 pinch of cardamom powder and when the biscotti is cold and solid, spread some chocolate on half of the cookies.
- Let them cool down again in the fridge.