By: Rose Marie Jarry
55 minutes, 12 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 6 plums
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ cup plum juice
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour (pea, quinoa, broad bean, rice or others)
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 ¼ cup coconut or almond milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lavender leaves or 1-2 drops of essential lavender oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, add the ground flax seeds and let them soak in the ½ cup of plum juice for 3-5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the sugar, milk and extract. Add the soaked flax seeds and herbs.
- Incorporate the flours into the mixture and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Grease a muffin pan of 12 servings and pour the mixture into them. Don’t fill them up all the way, leave a little bit of space at the top.
- Slice each plum and lay them on each small cake.
- Bake them for 30-40 minutes. Depending on your oven, you may want to check at 30 minutes to see how they look. Leave them in the oven for 5-10 minutes if they seem like they need more time. Use a toothpick to check if it is ready.
- These will stay good for 24 hours or more if kept in the refrigerator.