Highly successful people have certain virtues. We’ve compiled the Spartan Core Virtues, each of which will be crucial when completing the modules. Your view of these will change as you progress. This is what they mean to me:
- Self-Awareness: Know who you are and who you are not. If you don’t, you’ll be confused daily.
- Perseverance: Stick to it because the world is filled with people who don’t. You’re better than that.
- Passion: If you’re not passionate about what you do, you’re not going to be great at it. Take things seriously and learn to be passionate.
- Discipline: Set your rules and stick to them. Be disciplined about it.
- Prioritization: Deal with the important things – important being what you define as important – first.
- Grit: The ability to stay focused and work with both intensity and passion through virtually anything.
- Courage: Jump out of your comfort zone. Do the hard things.
- Optimism: See the world as you want it to be, not as it is. Be ever hopeful.
- Integrity: If you’re not honest with yourself and others, then what are you?