By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
45 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 5 cups turnip, chopped in fries shape
- 2 tablespoons avocado or grapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or potato starch
- Ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Peel and chop the turnip into fries shape.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of oil on a cookie sheet and lay the fries on it.
- Sprinkle the chopped rosemary all over them and bake at 375F for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Heat up a sauce pan and the vegetable broth along with the fresh rosemary simmer for 5 minutes. Then, start adding the other ingredients, but keep the tapioca flour for the end. When you start adding the tapioca flour you need to do it gradually and whisk at the same time to avoid clumps from forming. It will become thick very fast, turn off the heat.
- Place the fries into a bowl and pour the sauce over the top.
- Serve hot.