By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
25 minutes, 6 servings, gluten-free, vegan
- 2 cups peeled and diced parsnip
- 1 large potato
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried Herbes de Provence mix
- 1 teaspoon organic vegetable broth powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan cheese, Daiya’s brand (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 375F.
- Soak the sundried tomatoes in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Steam the potatoes and parsnip together for a good 30 minutes, until they are both very soft.
- Heat up a pan and roast the soaked sundried tomatoes, onion, and garlic in the coconut oil. Then add the cooked lentils and spices. Mix well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- In a bowl mash the cooked parsnip and potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and dried herbs, along with the vegan cheese if you wish to use some.
- Grease a glass pan of about 12×7 inches and lay a first layer of the lentils at the bottom.
- Then, lay a layer of shredded zucchini.
- Finish by a adding layer of mashed parsnip on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Wait a few minutes before cutting it into serving sizes.