By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes + 20 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, dairy free.
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 whole fennel
- Sea salt
- Heat up the oven to 400F.
- Slice the chicken breast into thin/long pieces, so you can wrap them around the fennel sticks later on.
- In a bowl mix the sesame oil, molasses, honey, sesame seeds, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Let the pieces of chicken marinate into this bowl for 10 minutes.
- Chop the bottom part of the fennel into long pieces. About 1 inch thick.
- Wrap the chicken over each fennel piece. Lay them flat in a glass bowl ready for the oven.
- If you have extra unused fennel pieces, rub them in the left over of sauce and add them into the glass bowl to be baked with the chicken.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a salad or anything else you wish.