By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
20 minutes + 40 minutes of baking. 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 8 small baby Indian eggplants
- 1 cup small tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of your favorite hummus
- 1 tablespoon dried Herbes de Provence spice blend
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Celtic sea salt
- Heat up the oven to 375F.
- Cut each eggplant into about 5 cuts from 1 one end but not completely through the other side (use the picture of the recipe as reference). The top part should stay in 1 piece.
- Lightly sprinkle some sea salt inside each cut and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Use a butter knife and spread some hummus inside each cut.
- Lay the stuffed eggplant in pan and pour some olive oil, ground pepper and Herbes de Provence on them.
- Add the diced tomatoes on top.
- Bake them for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a splash of olive oil on top. This could be a good option for an appetizer or a side dish.