By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
50 minutes, 8 servings, gluten free, vegan
A hearty and sumptuous dinner, and still gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 box (375g) gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (740) ml organic tomato and herbs sauce or homemade tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cup raw pre-soaked cashew nuts
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup vegan cheese replacement, my suggestion is Daiya’s brand
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Cook the noodles, drain, and set aside
- Pre heat the oven to 375F.
- Use a lasagna pan and first cover the bottom of the pan with 1 layer of lasagna noodle.
- Spread about 1/3 of the total amount of the tomato sauce on top of the lasagna noodle and then cover with another layer of noodle.
- In a food processor, blend the pre-soaked cashew along with the 6 garlic cloves, the cayenne pepper, pinch of sea salt, and the coconut milk. (You should soak the nuts overnight before using them, if you don’t have the time for that you could still use it unsoaked and raw, but it might not come out as creamy as it normally would)
- When your mixture is creamy, spread it on the last layer of noodle
- Lay the spinach on top of the creamy mixture, followed by another layer of pasta noodle.
- Finish by adding all the remaining tomato sauce and vegan cheese on top. If you wish you could add a little bit more of tomato juice at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.