By: Whole Foods Market®
Sweet meets savory in these peach and chicken kabobs. Complete the meal with grilled corn and zucchini.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 large), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, pitted and cut into 8 chunks each
- 1 small red onion, quartered and pulled apart into petals
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or white wine
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added apricot fruit spread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large rosemary sprig to use as a basting brush
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. On 4 long metal skewers, alternate pieces of chicken, peach and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together juice, tamari, fruit spread, chipotle and chopped rosemary. Grill kabobs, turning frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Begin dipping rosemary sprig in tamari mixture and brushing kabobs, turning kabobs frequently, until chicken is cooked through and kabobs are glazed, about 3 minutes more.
Watch and learn how to skewer stone fruit like a pro!
Serves 4. Dairy free, low fat.
Per Serving: 160 calories (20 from fat), 2g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 18g protein
Note: We’ve provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we’re cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
For healthy eating tips, hundreds of recipes, cooking techniques, meal plans and more, visit Whole Foods Market’s Healthy Eating resources.