25 minutes, 4 servings, 280 calories per serving, gluten-free, dairy free, pescatirian
Fish and Glaze:
- 4 Cod fillets (or another type of fish)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon all natural vegetable broth powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Green Salsa Topping:
- 1 cup fresh kale, finely chopped
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Heat up a pan and melt the coconut oil. Add the chopped garlic, 2 cups of strawberries, maple syrup, and balsamic. Let it roast for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth powder, and cayenne. On medium heat place the fish filets into the pan and let everything simmer for 8 minutes. Flip the filets and let simmer for another 8 minutes.
- While it is cooking, prepare the salsa.
- Chop the kale along with the scallions.
- Dice the strawberries and add them into the kale. Pour the olive oil and balsamic over the salsa and mix well.
- Serve the fish filets with some sauce over it and add the green salsa on top of the fish. I did eat mine with a serving of quinoa. The quinoa was very good with the strawberry fish sauce.